Starter Company Plus Program
Starter Company Plus supports eligible entrepreneurs from Orangeville and surrounding areas who are starting, expanding or buying a business. The provincially funded program is managed locally by the Orangeville & Area Small Business Enterprise Centre (SBEC) and aims to support area entrepreneurs in establishing a strong and vibrant business community.
Candidates for Starter Company Plus will submit an application package and attend an interview to assess suitability and determine individual training needs. Some eligibility conditions do apply. Once accepted, participants will receive:
- one-to-one consultations with a qualified business advisor
- assistance with the development of a business plan using free tools and guidance
- participation in free training, networking and mentoring sessions
- opportunity to apply for a grant of up to $5000
To be eligible, participants must be:
- At least 18 years of age at time of application
- Proposing a new company, expansion of an existing company or buying a business in Ontario
- Not attending school full time nor returning to school
- A resident of Ontario
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Not enrolled in other provincial employment or self-employment related programs that include or do not include financial assistance
- Not currently enrolled concurrently in any self-employment or entrepreneurship training/financing programs offered by government funded organizations
- Not a past participant of Starter Company Plus
Please note that participation in the program is valid for up to nine months and only one grant application per business will be considered.
Starter Company Plus provides an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurs to receive the training, mentorship and support that they need to develop and expand their own successful ventures. lf you or someone you know has a great business idea, please contact the SBEC office at [email protected] or 519-941-0440 Ext. 2286.