Summer Company Program
The Summer Company program offers:
- Training and business skills development to help youth develop a business plan and prepare to run their own business for the summer;
- $1,500 startup funding to help kick-start the new business, and an additional $1,500 upon successful completion of the program;
- Mentorship and guidance from local business professionals and consultants to help the business succeed.
Program Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to participate in the Summer Company program, you must meet the following requirements:
- go to high school, college or university;
- live in Ontario;
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- be between 15-29 years old (if under 18: a parent needs to sign the application);
- not already running a business;
- not working at another job or going to school for more than 12 hours a week during the program;
- be returning to school after the program ends.
How to apply
Applications for the 2020 Summer Company are now open.
- Check to see if you are eligible for the program using the eligibility checklist
- Complete the online application
- Contact the Orangeville & Area Small Business Enterprise Centre to speak with our SBEC Coordinator
- Phone: 519-941-0440 Ext. 2270
- Email: [email protected]
Learn more about the program by visiting the Summer Company website..